Sunday, November 8, 2020

Yopping Update #19 - Walking in Puddles


 


I had a tricky time coming up with a title for today's post.  It has been a good week all in all and puddles were a big part of it - they bring out my inner child. 

My nativity scene is coming along. I got all the arms and hands sewn up and stuffed, but more importantly I soaked all the cloaks to get them ready to block on the figures.  

They weren't drying quickly enough so they have been taking over the kitchen table in the sunny window and I they should be ready to sew on tomorrow. 

I started my Havana!  I took quite a while to sort how I wanted the colours to fade and finally decided on this:

I didn't have enough of the red (top row, 2nd from the right, so the second pattern has some pink added into the middle of it.  Tonight I will start on pattern 3.  


I am surprised with how quickly this is going, and the patterns are easy to remember after a few lines so it is good TV crocheting.  (Unless I am watching Rita, on Netflix, which is all subtitles!)

Becky inspired me with her de-cluttering of bias tape last month, so I went through my bias tape drawer and even though I kept a dozen or so I did get this bag ready to donate:

I also sorted out my recipe box - it is much more manageable and better organized, and now only contains recipes I actually use.  

I did get outside everyday last week: two days were raking leaves, but the other five were walking.  Two of the walking days were in heavy rainfall, but I have new rubber boots so allowed myself to stomp through many muddy puddles.  I do need some rain pants though as I was very dry when I got home except for the top of my knees where my coat dripped down and soaked my jeans.  I sent my grand-daughter a pair of rain pants, now I need to get some for myself if I am going to continue these rainy day walks (which my neck of the woods is famous for!)

I did snap this lovely picture of fall leaves - I love how the big tree, little tree and bush were all the same colour.
not my house

I did mention to my son that yesterday I was raking leaves in the sun in just a shirt - no jacket. (Well, I did have pants on too). Today he woke up to this in his hometown city one province over:



So that is my week.  Some crochet, some walking, some raking, some blocking, some sewing, some sorting, some de-cluttering and yes, I admit, some time spent watching the US election  - oh the drama!

I will leave you with my dear grand-daughter playing with her new 'toy'.  To be fair - it wasn't raining at the time!

Have a great week dear Readers.  I am wishing you all a peaceful, healthy, drama-free rest of 2020 and beyond! 

7 comments:

  1. Ooooh... Looking forward to watching your Havana grow. Your colors are so pretty and vibrant. Your blanket is looking great! And your nativity figures are terrific. I can't imagine the patience to knit all the pieces for a nativity. What a fun set this will be. Your granddaughter is a sweetie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lively week for you. That nativity set is adorable. I admire you for working with such fiddly little items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't the weather funny. Today was in the 80s for goodness sake!! In November!! But I loved it. Cut the grass for what had better be the last time. But sure enjoyed the gorgeous weather yesterday when we made a day trip to visit my stepdaughter and her husband.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, all your figures in capes are transformed, how smart they all look now. I wondered if you had snow yet as the Grocery Girls in Edmonton have had a lot, but I suppose being coastal you get less? You are zooming along with your Havana and I love the colours. You sound like you are feeling better, the autumn walks sound wonderful, I have become a slug letting my husband do the dog walks alone. I must make more effort to appreciate autumn this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the week was a better one - you got a lot done and had some fun! We have lots of puddles in the forest and by the lake - my wellies cope well with those. My coats are not really up to walking in the rain though so I tend to try and go out between showers/downpours! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice week. The Havana has started really well and the figures are looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited to see your Nativity scene coming together! Its darling!!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.