Sunday, May 15, 2022

Yopping Update #46 - So many gnomes so little time

 Follow my blog with Bloglovin 


Wow - Update 46 - Soon it will be time to start thinking of my list for the next Year of Projects starting July1. 

I did finish my dragon Potholder and then started and finished by Prince potholder. I was worried I would run out of yarn - but I won the yarn chicken game. 





Phew that was close!

Otis staking claim on my Havana and not overly impressed with my double-knitting

I then worked on my Advent Gnomes #9 and #10





And now I have 10 of 24 done.

I have finished Clue 1 on the Make Gnome Mistake KAL, and finished clue #2 on the Mystery socks I am knitting.  Pictures will follow once all clues are done around the end of May I think. 

I did a few more rows on my son's gansey - I have almost finished the ribbing. 

I did make another 3D square.  I am quite proud of this one. 


and I finished the third panel of my Christmas Tree skirt - I might get this done in time for Christmas after all. 

Well I still have to duplicate stitch the gnome but that will come much later. 

Other than knitting and playing the in the Harry Potter Knitting Crocheting House Cup I have been walking a little, doing my physio exercises for my hip/back/neck and not too much else.  It has been very cold and rainy - unusual for May - but it is what it is.  At least since Monday I have been migraine free.  A blessing inded. 

I may have mentioned that I am not buying any yarn until the end of the summer, but I never said anything about not buying patterns.  I succumbed to this at the Post Office yesterday. How could I resist. 


I also purchase fox-paws on Ravelry.  I have had this in my queue for years and decided this is the month I am going to cast it on.  Wish me luck.  The instructions say it has 'interesting' increases and decreases. 

It comes with a colouring sheet so I can play with my colours before starting.  I have lots of Palette in blues and greens so I think it will be subtle but interesting. 



And even though I am on a yarn diet a friend gave me a sweater quantity of silk/rayon yarn and I am going to make Vroda with it.  I think it will make a nice summery top - and a little fancy too. 


She also gave me 3 balls of Cascade Fixation so I think another Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Sweater will be started shortly.  

I am still transcribing my parents' war letters - I try to do about three a day - my Dad's handwriting is very hard to read but it certainly is illuminating.

It has been too cold yet to go to the beach for a swim.  I am aiming for June 1st but the weather doesn't seem to be agreeing with me.  My poor jade tree is usually outside by the third week of April, but not this year.  

At least someone is enjoying the beach with her friends. 


Today I plan to knit.  LOL.  How unusual.  And I will go for a short rainy woodsy walk.  I do want to get started on the 2nd sock of the test knit.  I don't usually have secondsockitis so I need to tackle this before it gets any worse.  

Happy knitting/crocheting/spinning/walking/paddling/cross-stitching/living to all.  Until next week....

P.S. I have changed my comments section to pop-up in new window so I hope this helps those who were having trouble commenting and had to remain anonymous (but I appreciated you letting me know who you are!)


5 comments:

  1. Those 3D squares are just amazing. That will be such a great blanket. I really need to learn to crochet. That silk/rayon does look beautiful. Great idea to make a summery top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Maureen. The silk/rayon is pretty slippery but I am gonna give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your egg carton full of gnomes. Too fun. And the butterfly 3-D square is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your get so much knitting done each week. Do you ever sleep or eat? I always love seeing your gnomes. They put a smile in my face. That 3D square is precious. You have done a great job on it. Nice to hear you have been migraine free for a while. Those headaches can sure mess with creativity. How nice to be gifted with such lovely yarn. The pattern you have chosen to go with it is really pretty. As always, your GD is so cute sitting with her friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your gnomes! I signed up for the Gnome MKAL. I’ve printed the pattern, lol. I’ve been sidetracked by a baby blanket with a June 10th deadline. I look forward to seeing your gnome when it’s finished. I plan to knit mine in the fall

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.