Sunday, May 29, 2022

Yopping Update #48 - Meet Gnocchi

 Follow my blog with Bloglovin


It has been a busy few days - still a fair bit of knitting time, but not so much blogging time. 

If you are knitting Imagined Landscapes KAL Make Gnome Mistake and you don't want to know what Gnocchi looks like read no further. 

Gnocchi wants to HAVE dinner
not BE dinner

I also worked on Fox Paws a fair bit - still some curse words, but fewer as I get more and more familiar with the pattern.  It certainly needs my full attention, especially rows 4-6.  No TV, No Podcasts, No one talking.  I save those rows when my hubby is napping or out running errands.  THERE CAN BE NO DISTRACTIONS!

but worth every curse word

Tonight before getting to this blog I finished the 8th and final panel for my Christmas Tree skirt.  Now to block the panels, sew it together and start ALLLLLLL the duplicate stitch.  I am certainly glad I have quite a few months before Christmas.  Stay posted - there will probably be a slew of new curse words!

I added the initials to my son's gansey - and now it will have to wait for his input as to pattern motifs.  We have a phone date tomorrow to toss around some ideas. 


Other than that there has been lots of cleaning.  A friend has come over twice this week to help me clean - so far we have done the hallway and the kitchen.  We will continue next week and tackle the living room next.  She is a blessing.  If we get some sunny days next week she will help my dh to wash our camper.  I can't believe how dirty it got with the winter winds and rains.  It is so wonderful to have someone who can wash floors and walls and ceilings...and campers!  Her energy gives me the momentum to sort cupboards and clean counters off and go through things that can be either thrown away or given away.  It feels good. 

So now it is almost 11pm here and just about bedtime.  

May you all have a good week.  I have physio tomorrow, and I am noticing a little improvement in my hip and quite a bit of relief with my neck pain - so yay for that.  Onward!


My holly tree is in full bloom!
I swear I have never seen it do this before 
And I have lived in this house for almost 40 years!


7 comments:

  1. Gnocchi is beautiful! I've only gotten as far as the body colorwork--I've been working on SWC.. You sound so industrious! The Foxy scarf is a challenge but you're up to it! I haven't made it, but I watched a friend work on it. Go, girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gnocchi is so cute. Another one to make me smile. Fox paws will be all worth it in the end. The colors you have chose are so pretty together. Your son's gansey is going to be fun to watch grow. I thought Holly only bloomed in cold weather. Now I gonna need to research that. Have a good week Mary-Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gnome is precious and I love the Fox Paw but I won't be making one! LOL!
    Your ganseys are so awesome. You are one talented knitter! Glad the physio is working!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful friend - to help with cleaning. I was blessed with wonderful friends during our vacation for daughter's wedding who did all the kitchen clean up while we entertained family. It was so appreciated. Glad to hear you are feeling a wee bit better and hope your pain continues to subside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual your knitting amazes me! That fox paw looks lovely but I can imagine a nightmare to knit! Glad the physio seems to be helping and you are feeling a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gnocchi is adorable! I can’t wait to see your gansey progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. My. Goodness! Gnocchi is adorable. I signed up for the KAL, knowing I wouldn’t be able to do it right now. Now, I’m super excited to get to it. He’s adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.