Sunday, May 22, 2022

Yopping Update #47 - Fox Paws (or there may have been another F word I used while knitting)

I know, I know - I am very late with this update, but I blame my obsession with getting Fox Paws started.....and re-started... and oh yah, re-started. 
 First time I totally messed up the increases and couldn't back up successfully so I pulled it all out (only 3 rows). 
 Second time I was merrily knitting along and very confused that my stitch count was off as I got to the 4th row. Ummmmm, I didn't read the pattern properly and cast on 141 stitches instead of the required 121. Sigh. Ripped it all right back to the beginning...again. 
 Third time - cast on the correct number of stitches - check 
                   - properly execute all the increases - check 
                    - count each repeat section to make sure I have successfully gone from 28 - 50 stitches  Well?????
 I was out by one stitch, and it was close to midnight, and I couldn't quite figure out how to add that stitch back in without offsetting the pattern. I counted and re-counted the other repeats and put a stitch marker where I thought I could successfully add a stitch. I put the knitting into time out and went to bed. 
 After a good sleep, and coffee on the back deck in the sunshine (the what? I know, right?) I picked up the knitting and talked to myself through each of the 300 stitches. I carried on. I decided to just keep going because until I started to decrease again to 169 stitches there would be no way to tell if I had really messed up or not. I continued through the day, and early evening (while watching hockey playoffs) to row 16. And ta-da - it looks just splendid.
I have been keeping up with the clues of my mystery sock (the final clue came out today) and my gnome (Clue 4 is out today as well), and I have completed three more panels for the Christmas Tree Skirt (only two panels to go). 
 I have been walking and I do think the physio is helping - today I was able to walk 3 kms. I saw a downy woodpecker on my walk on Friday, but wasn't able to get a good picture. Today I saw my favourtie flowers. These always remind me of my dear daughter.
Bleeding Hearts


The weather has been lovely this weekend and I think my Jade tree and other Cactus plants can finally go outside for the summer. That will be my chore tomorrow. Tonight I am going to knit a beard for my gnome. And maybe start the next repeat of Fox Paws. It is starting to grow on me. 

 And hooray the Edmonton Oilers won the hockey game tonight - so there is that.  My mum was born in Edmonton so I have to root for her hometown.  They are playing the Calgary Flames which is the other team from Alberta so you can imagine the rivalry is pretty heated!  It is fun to watch two Canadian hockey teams battle it out. 

I will leave you with a picture I took on my Friday walk - this sleepy squirrel barely looked my way he was just sooooo relaxed. 
Someone else is enjoying the sun too!

7 comments:

  1. Your fox paw looks good. Love the colors you have chosen for it. How nice you had sunshine and can now move your plants outside for a few months. That squirrel looks quite happy in the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to get Fox Paws back on track - I think it's going to be amazing! Thanks for the beautiful flower pictures. My gram loved bleeding hearts too but they don't grow out here in the arid Southwest. :( Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha I'm sure there were a lot of naughty words being used while you were trying to get that pattern right. It sounds and looks complicated but I know you won't let it defeat you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often think how alike we are but for sure you have more determination than I do. I would have given up on those cute fox paws, but I’m glad you persevered as they do look really cool. What a cute squirrel catching some rays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fox paw is amazing and I love the colors you chose. You have some interesting projects going...with the gnome, mystery sock, and the Christmas tree skirt. Glad the physio is helping and the weather too!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.