Sunday, September 16, 2018

Yopping Update #11 - Socks it is


Happy Birthday socks on the almost birthday boy!

A perfect fit.  I am so proud of my first design. He had some taxi socks he loved when he was a teenager and I tried to replicate them.

I was in a parade last Sunday in the wind and the rain - it was so much fun as we represented the Free Store on my sister's little island. The day before had been the 40th anniversary party of the Recycling Depot.

Everything the three of us are wearing and carrying came from said Free Store.  (Except my Tilley hat.  I have had that for thirty years!)

We went camping with our son last Tuesday and miraculously avoided the rain, and the campfire ban was lifted about four hours before we arrived at our campsite.  Here is our view:




and the juvenile robin that kept coming around every time my son split open a log so it could eat all the earwig larvae.  Such a comical, brave little guy. (The robin, not my son - although he is comical and brave too - just not so little).


Yesterday we went for a rainy walk in the canyon near our house.  There is my big boy on the bigger staircase.


Being such a busy week with parades, and camping and visiting and all I decided to cast on a simple sock.  I love this colourway called Talisman from Opal yarns.

I hope to get back to Bonnie's Wish this week - she keeps giving me sidelong accusatory looks that I am stepping out on her what with my sock knitting and all. She is right, of course, but I will get back to those cables soon (ish).

To follow other yoppers and their week go here.

9 comments:

  1. Love your pictures and descriptions of your fun weekend and camping with your son. And I love the colors in that Talisman Opal yarn. Beautiful sock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great week. That walk looks magical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your campsite view is stunning. Just makes me want to take breaths and soak it all in!

    Love the Taxi socks and well done with the fit! Especially well done considering that it features a colourwork leg!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taxi socks? Who knew? I want a pair like that but it looks pretty time-consuming. They are very cool though! Love your other socks too and yes, what a nice color combo. How fun to camp and enjoy such beautiful scenery. There will be plenty of time to knit this winter when the wind is howling and the snow is swirling outside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the checkerboard socks. And the landscape at your camping ground looks great, I would love to be able to hike there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you have had a great week. I love the taxi socks and look such a great fit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Taxi socks! They are fabulous. Your camp views are so serene. I would have hated to leave it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great pair of birthday socks. Nice colorwork. How fun to be part of a parade. And what a fun time you had on holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've enjoyed your tales of the week. How cool to be in a parade. Looks like lots of fun. Taxi socks - that's a new thing to me and I love it.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.