Sunday, September 23, 2018

Yopping Update # 12 - Cables and cable and cables, oh my.


I finished my socks and they have been on my feet all week:


My husband likes them so much I have cast on another pair for his hobbit feet (large, not hairy).


I have finished section four of Bonnie's Wish, and I have started on the border - all 616 rows of it! 


That is a s#itload of cables!

I went to a textiles show on Friday with a friend and it was interesting and inspiring, but at this point in my life I am happy to stick with knitting and spinning and leave the quilting and sewing for others who are soooo talented and creative. 

However next weekend is KnitCity and I am sure I will be uber inspired and probably make a few purchases there.  Stay tuned. 

My son found this picture downstairs while he was visiting last week.  I think it was one my daughter took of a mural on the east side of town. 

It is now the wallpaper on my phone.  It speaks to me. Loudly.  And my son says the character with the words on her t-shirt looks like me.

Kismet.


I hope you can 'Let Go' this week.  It will be my mantra for some time. 

To follow other yoppers check out their stories here

11 comments:

  1. That is a sh!tton of cables! Good luck!!! Love the mural!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely socks and Bonnies wish is going to be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Moly.............cables out the a$$! I love cables but that is the most I have seen on one item before.

    The socks look so comfy. Nothing better than homemade socks that fit perfectly. Got a chuckle out of the hobbit description.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is a lot of cables. It kind of looks like "brain". Beautiful socks! I agree - the "Let Go" girl does look like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have sock envy!
    And right now we have reverse mantras... mine is Hang on!
    Don’t take the credit card to the knitting show... but do take some pics for us to see what incredible thing you will be creating soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great socks! We’ve dropped abruptly into fall temperatures here too, so i’ve Been dipping into the sock drawer Too!

    Jealous about KnitCity! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The socks are so pretty! It's definitely cool enough here also for knitted socks! Woah, that sure is a lot of cables!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL on the cables statement. I like how your son thought of you with that mural.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That *is* a s#itload of cables, but they're going to be so pretty! Love the mural too, I can see why it speaks to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great mantra. May you discover new freedom! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.