Wednesday, May 14, 2014

5KCBWDAY3 - Making the cut

On May 4, 2014 I wrote a post about my 40 year old blanket. Today the blogging challenge is to use photographs in an interesting way....so here goes.

Before picture...notice the tattered edges and a few moth eaten pieces (more details to follow.)

Some couldn't be saved so I had to honour them with an 'artsy' photo layout.

Here is a close-up of their flaws (it is a kind of Where's Waldo game - spot the moth-eaten bits):

Some were ditched because they were a single colour and that just didn't work anymore because there were only 3 (one was too damaged).

And those 11 rejects met a sorry end:

77 squares made the cut, and I learned a braided continuous crochet join to boot.


And now....ta-da the artsy shot (the little lamb was knit by one of my children about 20 years ago.

2 comments:

  1. Your photos are gorgeous and I love the revived afghan:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Karen. I am learning to photograph my projects better and find that daylight is the answer for me. It makes the colours truer.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.