Wednesday, November 4, 2015
Wednesday HodgePodge - Abundance
1. Besides Thanksgiving, something you're looking forward to on your November calendar?
Well, being Canadian, eh, Thanksgiving has come and gone. I do look forward to going to the cenotaph on November 11 and remembering my father and uncle.
2. If I gave you a thank you card right now who would you send it to and why?
I would send it to my sister to thank her for being there for me this past week and always.
3. Of the breads listed, which one's your favorite...bagel, cinnamon, sourdough, garlic, banana, biscuit, pita, Naan, or plain old fashioned white bread?
Hmmm. being gluten intolerant I would love to say yes to all of them, but alas it is not to be. My favourite gluten free bread at the moment is Udi's cinnamon raison. Toasted. With butter.
4. What's something you have in abundance? Is that a good thing?
I have an abundance of love from my husband, family and friends. It is always a good thing.
5. November 5th is National Love Your Red Hair Day. Are there any redheads in your family? Who's your favorite redhead?
Well I have four siblings with red hair so I am not going to pick a favourite because that would just get me into trouble. My favourite, non-related red-head would have to be Annie, of course!
6. The travel website Busbud recently calculated the most Instagrammed spot in every state. Go here to see what made the list where you live. Are you happy with your state's #1? If not what do you think should be the most photographed spot in your state? Have you snapped a photo there? If you live outside the USA answer as it relates to your state, city or province.
Apparently the most instagrammed spot according to Busbud is Grouse Mountain, but I think the most photographed spot should be the Lynn Canyon suspension Bridge.
7. I'm going to try to have something related to gratitude in this spot each week during the month of November. Here's this week's question-
What's something you've learned about yourself this year that you're grateful for?
I have learned that this old dog can learn new tricks. I am re-learning how to swim and loving it. At sixty I am grateful to see more doors opening than closing.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am participating in Nanowrimo this month. I have never attempted a novel before, but always dreamt of doing so. It is fiction, but definitely drawing from my own experiences as well. It is only day four but I am excited to see where my protagonist ends up by November 30th.
Here is an excerpt from chapter four:
The day started well. Chores done. Check.
Pills taken. Check.
And she was feeling good. Really really good.
That should have been her first clue. Nothing good ever seemed to come from feeling that good.
She was inexplicably happy. The air was clearer. The sky was bluer. The sun was brighter and the autumn leaves were ablaze in their yellows and reds, oranges and brown.
So, this is what happy feels like. Actually, this was what euphoria felt like.
And that should have been her second clue.
check other hodgepodge entries here. Thanks Joyce for hosting.