Thursday, December 14, 2017

Advent Update

Today we woke up to a glorious sun rise.  The pictures don't do it justice but this is the view to the east.  To the south the sky was awash in pinks and blues and purples.



My daughter sent me a picture of her advent candles, and it is lovely to see traditions carried on in another's house.

Yesterday was another good day (that's three in a row!), and I went for my tea and Croatian lesson and learned the words for things to eat:

riba - fish

mesa - meat

smokva - figs

naranča - orange

baluku - apple

juha- soup

cer - cheese

kokoš- chicken

jaja - egg

palačinke - crepe

kava - coffee

čaj - tea

So next when I go to Croatia I will be able to eat!!

I have so many flashcards now I need to put them in categories!  It is nice to be learning something new and my daughter and I text a little in Croatian.

Most important I learned how to say volim te!

(I love you )

and in keeping with the season

Sretan Božić i Nova godina

Happy Christmas and New Year!

Blessings on you all this Advent Day.

1 comment:

  1. Learning a new language is a brilliant thing to do. What a powerful way to sustain yourself and build strength into your relationship with Your daughter.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.