Monday, December 11, 2017

It has been a good day

This morning I walked down to the post office in the glorioius sunshine.  There was quite a line up but I had a lovely chat with the woman behind me and the 35 minute wait flew by. 

Advent parcel in the mail - and I started to walk home.  I passed the Christmas tree sales and there were the cutest little Charlie Brown Christmas trees for sale - only a few left. 

I decided to buy one and carry it home.  I texted my husband as I headed up the last hill to our house and told him to get the camera ready. 




After lunch I decided to make some nuts and bolts, a family tradition in our house, and since they take two hours in the oven with stirring every 15 minutes I decided to write my Christmas cards. 

It has been a pleasant afternoon, sitting at the kitchen table in the sun, watching the hummingbirds flit to and from the feeder and writing to old and new friends. 

Now the sun has set, the advent candles are lit, my husband is making homemade pea soup for dinner and all is right with the world. 

Tonight there will be knitting as I am about to cast-off my Spice Market shawl, and then work the next ripple on my Peace shawl. 

Tomorrow I will walk back to the post office to mail all my letters. 

I am feeling good and strong and dare I say, happy. 

Yes.

Happy. 

It has been a good day. 

1 comment:

  1. Cutest tree!! I am knitting Project Peace this year, too :-)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.