Saturday, December 16, 2017

Pulling towards the heart

The Healthy Knitter talked about her three observations when she sees someone looking at yarn. 

1)  They ooh and aah
2)  They rub it against their nose or face
3) They pull it near their heart. 

Number 3 really really spoke to me.  I do this with yarn I love.   I have seen my sister do this too. 
In fact when I read that post today I had a strong image of my sister pulling wool towards her heart, and my heart responded. 

I started to think of all the expressions with the word heart:  warmhearted, heartfelt, change of heart, cold-hearted, getting to the heart of things, heartache, heartthrob, heavyhearted and knowing something deep in your heart. 

Life is not for the faint of heart. (or is that feint of heart?) 

Heart is the seat of love.

Heart is where we feel joy bursting out of our chest.

Today I am going to reflect on heart things.

I am going to pull towards my heart. 

It has room enough to grow with every encounter, and even times when it has been sorely broken it has mended, stronger and bigger and with even more room for new things to be pulled towards it. 

There are scars.  There will always be scars.  But they are a reminder that I have healed, and lived a life. 

A life where I have pulled things towards my heart.

A heart that holds the memories of loved ones who are no longer physically with me in this life. 

They live in my heart. 

I believe I live in theirs.

Blessings to you, dear reader, as we continue through Advent. 

I am so glad you are with me on this journey. 

I thank you from the bottom of  my heart.


1 comment:

  1. Always with you. You inspire me.
    Our friendship heartens me.
    We share hearty laughs and heartfelt anguish.
    Your words pull you towards my heart.
    If our friendship was a ball of yarn, it would be multicoloured, irresistibly soft but remarkably strong, and I would rub it against my cheek. For sure.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.