Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas Eve Yopping Update


So it is Christmas Eve.  (John Lennon's voice).

We stayed up too late last night at a lovely carol sing dinner and so my day is just beginning at - gasp 10:20 am!  We have groceries to buy and family to visit so my post will be short, but sweet.

First, I finished my Peace Shawl - even the ends are sewn in.  I finished it on Thursday, the solstice, and if you missed it I wrote a poem about our knit group's peace knitting event.





I am only FOUR ROWS AWAY from finishing Dying of the Light.  Sorry for the shouting but each row at this point is about 540 stitches!   I will be finished this today which means before my next update I plan to block all three shawls.

And then I will have nothing on my needles!!!

There are three pairs of socks waiting to be cast on.  Can't wait.

This week I found this in my favourite knitting magazine:


on page 42....

and they even spelled my name right!!

So Professor bookworm and I are famous! (or infamous as the case may be).

It is the fourth Sunday of Advent so this is my view as I write to you dear readers:


"In the fourth candle of Advent shine
Our open hearts, both yours and mine.
He came to fill our hearts with love,
This gentle Child from Heaven above.
Now the humans stand upon the Earth,
Thankful for the Christ Child’s birth."

If you  look closely you will see my human is a little gnome.  Once a Waldorf teacher, always a Waldorf teacher.

So there you have it.  I am off now to the grocery store and then to visit my nephew and his lovely family.  And tonight I will go to the midnight communion service.

They are predicting snow this afternoon so I think we will have a white Christmas.

Whatever your plans are for tomorrow may it be filled with peace.

PS:  If you want to read my thoughts on The Christmas Story you can re-visit a post I did many years ago.


12 comments:

  1. You are famous! I had no idea! I knew you were talented but a professor worm with glasses....that is talent! Too cute! I have to go make my Christmas Eve repast now but I will be back to read your Christmas Story. Your peace shawl turned out so pretty...love the colors! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes all my shawls are now done and off the needles before the end of the year. Socks already on the go!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations are in order! :-)
    Firstly for having your work published - so cool (well done!) - and secondly for getting those projects finished.
    What will you do with yourself with empty needles?
    Will you take a break until the new year while you celebrate Christmas or have you already commenced those socks that are next in the ever growing queue?
    I haven't touched my crochet hooks for weeks (or visited many blogs) - my brain has been so full of intellectual and beaurocratic activities that there was no room left in my brain for either the technicalities of a current WIP or to consider a new project. I am hoping that the 'crojo' will be rediscovered on the other side of the holiday break.
    It is such a strange feeling to have no crafting on the go. How do you feel when that happens?
    It looks like you have had many happy activities this Christmas and that is a wonderful state of affairs. Enjoy your Christmas Festivities and the holiday season.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. no knitting breaks. I finished my three shawls by Christmas Eve and spent much of Christmas Day sewing in ends! And then I started a pair of socks....you know me too well.

      Delete
    2. Haha! I saw the picture of those socks finished - they look great, cosy and warm.

      Looking back at my message to you, I can see that my brain wasn't firing on all cylinders with a major spelling error of a familiar word - bureaucracy! This is what too much of it will do to your brain. I am checking in with your blog now that the brain has recovered somewhat and is ready to read again. x

      Delete
  3. Your Professor Bookworm is adorable! Congrats on being famous. I love your Peace Shawl as well. Very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is pretty cute. I am donating him to my school library as their mascot.

      Delete
  4. How terrific that you and Mr. Professor Bookworm are now famous! And we knew you both when the professor was just a jumble of unassembled parts. I look forward to seeing your finished shawls blocked. They will be beauties, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, you knew me when I was just a jumble of parts too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow............I 'know' someone who is published! I love Mr Professor Bookworm. He is just so cute. Congrats on getting the Peace Shawl finished for the Soltice. I loved doing the Dying in the Light shawl, but those last rows were a killer LOL. You will love it when it is off the needles and blocked though. So many ways to wear it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is so huge I will need soooooo much floor space to block it unless I wait for a nice day to do it outside.

      Delete
  7. How fantastic to be recognised. I remember your post on the assembling of Professor Bookworm lol

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.