Monday, December 18, 2017

Rosary

After my mother died I was given two of her rosaries.  One I wore religiously when my sister was very ill, and when we celebrated her return to health I gave it to her.

The other has hung on my bedroom door for years.

Yesterday I took it down and really looked at it and realized one bead was missing.  I looked through my beads and found one to repair the chain.



I then looked up the meaning of the different beads of a Catholic Rosary.  It is quite fascinating on an intellectual level, but the words didn't speak to me.

I knew there was an Anglican Rosary - with fewer beads and different prayers.  Again it was interesting but not what I was after.

So I have decided to do some research into words that truly speak to my heart and to create my own rosary prayers to use while meditating.

I found an idea for the ten beads in each decade and so I took the idea and changed some of the words. The mnemonic for the ten Beads is A Star Child:

The original idea comes from Astral Unity  and the prayers were:

01. May our energy be directed only to positive Acts.
02. May our collective energy bring healing to the Sick.
03. May we be pure in our Thoughts.
04. May All life energies coexist in peace.
05. May we be strong enough to Resist the ways of darkness.
06. May we Celebrate the passing of life energy back to the universe.
07. May we live in Harmony with other life energies.
08. May our path be forever Illuminated.
09. May humankind be unified in Love.
10. May our energy bring light where there is Darkness.

I liked the idea but I needed to find words that were more positive and meaningful to me:
A - Aspiration

S -  Speech
T - Thoughts
A - Actions
R - Resllence

C - Compassion
H-  Healing
I -  Illumination
L - Love
D - Deepening Connections

For the crucifix I start with  the Angel Meditation given by Rudolf Steiner that invokes the angels, archangels and archai.

Then after the 23 Psalm the next three beads will be Inclusion, Courage, and Truth.

On the Mary medallion I will start with this verse by Rudolf Steiner:

The stars spake once to humanity 
It is world destiny that they are silent now.
The silence is pain for earthly humanity.
But in the deepening silence there grows and ripens what humanity speaks to the stars. 
To be aware of the speaking 
Can become strength for spirit-humanity.

Followed by the first decade meditation A STAR CHILD.

2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th large bead between the decades:

Imbue thyself with the power of imagination, have courage for the truth, sharpen thy feeling for responsibility of soul.

followed by A STAR CHILD meditation for each of the next four decades.

The 2nd time at the Mary medallion:

Imbue thyself with the power of imagination, have courage for the truth, sharpen thy feeling for responsibility of soul.

Back to the three beads of  Inclusion, Courage and Truth

Large bead before the cross - Psalm 91:4

He will cover you with his feathers and under his wings you will find refuge, his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart

Ending where I began - at the cross - with a prayer of thanks to the Trinity. 


So there it is.   I am feeling very hopeful and excited to try this to aid me in my meditation. In my first try it took 14 minutes.  I can work with that.

Blessings to you all this third week of Advent.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.