I have been nominated by Edwina's Episodes for a blogging award and it is a bit daunting.
I am thankful for the acknowledgement, but the melancholic in me does not want to appear to be bragging. 'Cause then no one will like me.
And for a melancholic there is nothing worse than feeling you are not liked.
Who do I like? All the blogs listed on the right side of page. If your blog is listed there then consider yourself nominated. I love you all that much, otherwise I wouldn't be following you! Today I will give specific shout outs to:
North of 49
Sheep to Frog
I never thought of myself as versatile in my blogging but I suppose because sometimes it is poetry, and sometimes pictures, sometimes knitting, and sometimes self-indulgent whining that it would count as versatile.
My sister says I blog as if my life depends on it, and it does. I swim for the same reason. And knit, I knit for hours a day, so it is fair to say my life depends on that too.
My life depends on many things, and when I get into something I don't go half way. Nope, that is not my style. I jump in with both feet, usually in the deep end.
This often means treading water.
Or heading for the shallow end.
Or sometimes just getting the hell out and heading for the hot tub.
But often I do just jump in, find my pace, and move forward.
Writing is coming easier in the past couple of months. I think the challenge I set myself to write everyday in November helped. I don't just write when something is bothering me. I find myself thinking of topics to write about and I have to jot them all down so I don't forget them. It is like a torrent has been unleashed.
Today I even thought about the premise of a novel.....
Oh my, indeed.
To fulfill the other requirement of this award I am suppose to post 7 random facts about me so here goes:
1) I am thinking of getting another tattoo.
2) I am afraid of having a stroke and not being able to communicate.
3) I have knit over 20 miles of yarn, and have about 8 miles in my yarn stash.
4) I worry when I talk to my children on the phone that I don't have anything interesting to say.
5) I was fired in 1973 from a volunteer position of reading books to tape for the Canadian Institute for the Blind.
6) I applied to be accepted into Honours English in 1975 and I was turned down.
7) I wish I could write songs.