Thursday, November 27, 2014

Melting Down

I am melting down
into that abyss of despair
fretting myself
into a frenzy
over things I cannot control.

The temperatures are dropping
and my spirits with it
I can't stop the heartache,
or the worry
and I certainly
cannot control the weather.

Like King Canute
trying to stop the tide
I know that the flow and ebb
the ebb and flow are
inevitable

I know

But when I am melting
I feel like Humpty Dumpty
and believe that
All the King's Horses
and
All the King's Men
will indeed
not be enough
to put me together again

Because I need to put
myself together
with the tools I have
of will and wisdom
resolve and effort

It won't be easy
It won't be pretty
But it will happen

It always does



5 comments:

  1. It always does, that's the truth, the important thing to remember at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about you alot and missed having you at our dinner party last Saturday. I can hardly wait til you're home so we can reconnect ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me so sad..I hope you manage to get through this soon, I'm rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. thank you....it is better now....I am safe at my son's house for a view days before heading home to hubby. minus 29 today....brrrrrrr....but gorgeous sun which always helps the mood.

      Delete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.