Huge Thank you to Edwina's Episodes and Wendy of the Rock for giving me today's topic. I have tomorrow's ready to go, but was looking for just the right thing for today and TA-DA, my blogging buddies provided.
11 Random Facts About Me
1) I have dancing feet. My feet are always in motion - and one day while sitting waiting for a doctor appointment the woman beside me said "Hey, you have dancing feet, just like me!" She was so excited, and so was I to find a kindred spirit and a lovely term for the constant motion.
2) I have all my wisdom teeth, but no canines. This means I am very wise, but I would make a lousy vampire.
3) I love penny candy. (I know, I know, they are five cent candy now.)
4) My sister and I have a strong intuitive connection. One example: I wrote her an email about a difficult situation I was experiencing. As I pressed send, I received an email from her about a difficult situation she was experiencing. And no, they were not at all connected. But we were.
5) When I was two I was hospitalized for a hernia repair. The hospital lost me. (I have since been found).
6) I wanted to be a Veterinarian when I grew up. I was dissuaded by my parents. I don't regret the careers I have had - especially teaching, but still, some days......
7) I have written over one hundred poems and I hope to publish them some day.
8) I love math and hope to take a Calculus course in the near future.
9) I believe I will live to be one hundred.
10) My father died when I was seventeen and some days the grief is as raw as if it were yesterday.
11) Not counting my family I have four women, each of whom I call my best friend.
So that's me.
Wanna play along?
Post some random facts about yourself in the comments.