Saturday, November 1, 2014

NaBloPoMo-1: All the King's horses and all the King's men

Couldn't put the Lego people together again.

But I can.

I have this weird obsession. I can not stand seeing the lego people without their hair, or at least a hat on. And, don't get me started about the ones I discover without legs, or arms, or even....eek.....missing a hand.



When my children were little I would dutifully search through the lego to resurrect the little people.

It was my thing.

Now, many years later, I have five honourary grand-children. When they come to my house I get out the lego. We have A LOT of it.

While the children play, I put lego people back together and happily stand them up in their togetherness.



And the grand-children? One grand-daughter in particular?

She merrily takes them all apart again!

Sigh.

However, after she goes home....


Now that I am retired I actually am planning to buy lots of little partitioned bins so I can sort ALL THE THINGS. By which I mean I will have a bin for people (all put together), a bin for bricks, a bin for horses, a bin for trees....well you get the idea.

And then?

Then there is the Playmobil!

#thisiswhatretirementlookslike

PS: I am joining National Blogging Month and am challenging myself to post every day in November.

Go here to check out others who are blogging along. I am number 148.

8 comments:

  1. My kids like mixing toys together. (They should right? Imagination at work) But it drives me crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya, If I had my way everything would go back in the box it came in, every night, with no missing pieces! Yikes, anal, or what?

      Delete
  2. Hey there, I found you via the NaBloPoMo blogroll.

    For me, I like to put all the blocks into groups, like all the blocks with 4 dots, and the ones with 8, and the ones with 12.. I also like to build but my nephews think I can only build houses - I prefer to build houses with lego! ;)

    As part of NaBloPoMo I challenge myself try to comment on as many participating blogs as I can, and I add all participating blogs to my feed reader.

    So I'm just dropping by to let you know I've added your blog to my feedreader, I'm reading you loud and clear, I have a link up going at my place so my readers can find participating blogs which you are more than welcome to add your blog link to.

    Looking forward to seeing your posts, and you'll likely see me drop by again during November.

    Happy NaBloPoMo to you!
    Snoskred
    www.snoskred.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I will head to your blog and check out the feedreader. I try to comment on every blog I visit too, cause I love comments.
      And I would love to sort my lego blocks like you do....this is why I need containers with partitions!

      Delete
  3. I loved reading about your obsession with putting the lego people together! I particularly loved that you restored them after your grandchild had gone :) In my work I often try to help put people 'back together again' but it's an unending task and not at all like lego!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, the post was true, but also metaphorical . As a middle child I am always trying to put people and situations back together again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My little boy is just getting into Lego/graduating from Duplo, and he would love that photo of all your little Lego people lines up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to copy the photo! Photographing lego is fun!

      Delete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.