Thursday, April 8, 2021

G is for Gratitude

 A to Z(ed) blogging Challenge - (my) Life in the TIme of CoVid-19

G is for Gratitude



In all the scribbled pages of my logbook I found this entry. I don't know what I was doing on February 13, 2021 to have me write down these three things I was grateful for, but I suspect it came out of an Oprah zoom event I was watching that day. 

It reads (because my handwriting is a mystery unto itself).

Grateful for snow
Grateful for walks in my neighbourhood
Grateful for hummingbirds

and under that I had written James I-IV.

I just took my bible down from the shelf to look up these verses in James. I don't think I looked it up on February 13th.

"James, a servant of God and the Lord Jesus Christ,
To the twelve tribes scattered among the nations:
Greetings.
My brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of any kind, consider it nothing but joy, because you know that the testing of your faith produces endurance; and let endurance have its full effect, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking in nothing. "

Well, this past year has surely tested my faith, but I always come back to what my dear priest always tells me, "Let Go and Let God."

Above the gratitude list (do three things really make a list?) I had scrawled Call my Agent.  Since I don't have an agent I must be referring to a show on Netflix or some other streaming service.  I haven't watched it yet, so I don't know if I am grateful for it or not.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.