Sunday, April 25, 2021

Yopping Update #43 - Promise kept

 


A finish!

this is one LONG scarf/shawl


Practical Magic is done


As promised last week I got going on my Sweater of Many Colours and finished the body and currently I am knitting the sleeves two at a time - hopefully I have enough of the blue for them to be a solid colour. 

Here are some pictures - unblocked of course. 


Crazy eh?  It will be like wrapping myself up in a colourful blanket. 

Speaking of crazy I am getting set to start on a Gansey project.  I have been joining a small group of knitters every Tuesday afternoon for an hour or so.  We range from Germany, USA, and Canada.  They are all avid gansey knitters and I have caught the bug!  The yarn will be on its way to me next week, and I am studying up with this book that has been on my shelf and is now going to come in very handy. 



I have been walking everyday, and I also have been keeping a commitment to myself to do yoga everyday until the end of May.  So far I have succeeded six days out of six. 

I will leave you with some lovely photos showing evidence of new growth and the promise of Spring and Summer and all good things. 






6 comments:

  1. Wow, the sweater is longer than I thought it would be but such a fun thing to wear. Glad you found a good online knitting group to be part of. One of the benefits of the pandemic is the growth of online groups. Yeah for yoga. I need to get back into yoga and Pilates. I enjoy them both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coat of many colours is amazing- it will be so cosy to wear. I love blossom 🌸

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shawl turned out great! That sweater is more like a coat and how gorgeous it is! You are amazing and so is that coat. Good for you with walking and yoga. I've just been cleaning and gardening. The pink blossoms are lovely and so are the ferns! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have finished that sweater SO FAST!! It is really fun, and will be a great wear on a chilly day.
    Our cherry blossoms are currently falling like snow, visually enjoyable in a different way.
    Great job on the walks and yoga! Making time for yourself is REALLY important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sweater of many colors is terrific, Mary-Anne. And it's unblocked? It looks so perfectly knit! Does it need to be blocked? What beautiful pink blossoms. And all the curled up fronds in the fern look so cool! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that sweater is outstanding. I didn't realize it was going to be that long. Perfect for your cool weather.I have heard of Gansey sweaters. They are very nice. Will be fun to watch you make one.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.