Monday, April 26, 2021

V is for Vision Board

  A to Z(ed) blogging Challenge - (my) Life in the TIme of CoVid-19  

V is for Vision Board


There are some things in my logbook that I have done nothing else with except enter the information in my logbook.  This page is one of them.

I heard Dr. Shefali being interviewed by Oprah, and took note of her website - Radical Awakening.com

To save you the anguish of trying to read my handwriting, here is the transcription of the above page. 

Vision Board

Who am I today?

Am I being true to myself today?

What do I need to do to be my true self today?

What do I need to let go of to be my truest self?

Well, there is no time like the present. 

Who am I today?  I am a 65 year old women, waiting for yet another Doctor to call for a tele-appointment.  I am feeling nauseous - likely due to the new beta blocker by heart doctor has put me on.  Personally I don't know how good it is to have a heart rate of 47 bpm.  Just sayin'.  

Am I being true to myself today?  Ok, this seems like a trick question.  I truly am nauseous, and 65, so there is that.  Is that all I am?  Of course not.  Do I give myself permission to feel my feels?  I think so.  I also know that my true self is a warrior.  My true self will put on my hikers and go for a walk after I finish this post.  My true self will marvel at the beautiful spring blossoms.  My true self will come home and hit the yoga mat for a few minutes - probably a healing class.  My true self will not only go and find my big girl panties, but make sure they are clean and even kinda pretty.  

What do I need to do to be my true self today?  I need to go out in the sun.  And, if it warms up just a little bit more I will sunbathe au naturel for ten minutes aside.  It doesn't get any truer than getting naked.  

What do I need to let go of to be my truest self?  Clothes.  lol.  Ok, seriously I need to let go of my illness(es).  I need to remember I am more than a person who has had more xrays, mris, ct-scans, and blood tests than she can  count.  

So, ya, V is for Vision Board.  

Maybe I need to go check out Dr. Shefali's website.  Clearly it was important enough to me at the time to write this all down in my logbook.  

Maybe, just maybe, my younger self was onto something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.