Saturday, April 10, 2021

I is for Inventory

  A to Z(ed) blogging Challenge - (my) Life in the TIme of CoVid-19 

I is for Inventory

one of many inventory pages

Leafing through my logbook I see I have a number of inventories. Almost always these have to do with my fibre hobbies.  I do like to keep track of what I have on hand - especially before I order more yarn.  I made a number of blankets this past year and although two of them started as 'blankets from stash', I soon HAD to order more colours as it seems I have a preference for blues and purples, and I needed more variety.  

I also made:

  • an inventory of all the projects I made from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020.  I belong to a blogging/crafting group called Year of Projects where we make a plan for our year and then blog every Sunday about our progress.  If you want to follow my progress check back here on Sundays.
  • an inventory of amount of my hand spun wool I have stashed
  • an inventory of sport weight yarn leftover after finishing my topsy-turvy doll
    Topsy-Turvy doll - two dolls in one!

  • an inventory of yarn used for my Gnutmeg Gnome

    how cute is he?

  • an inventory of weight and yardage of wool I used in my Havana blanket

    Big enough to play hide and seek
I like to know what wool I have and the funny thing is my Ravelry program does all of that, but I like to go through it by hand and check the figures. 

I think this is a way to have control over something in a year where I have had little control over anything. 

I can confidently say I have control over my yarn stash.  I know how much I have, and where it is. 

And, I can always find an excuse to order more.  



5 comments:

  1. You have really done well with your inventory of yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a topsy turvy doll when I was a child! I'd forgotten all about it until I saw that picture. It's such a smart idea to make an inventory. I don't use yarn, but I do have about 50 stories stored in various places on my computer. It would be time-consuming to inventory and gather them in one place, but it would be useful. Thank you for the idea! Visiting from the A-Z challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From another of your posts I remember - the one where you gave away stuff based on the date of the month. You're an amazing organizer! Creativity shows and shines! Keep doing the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure I've seen that photo of your gnutmeg gnome before or your Havana out stretched, perhaps I accidentally missed a week. Anyhoo, they are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having been absent since you must have started this A-Z log, I'm going to try to catch up on it slowly. I may not always leave comments on your back posts, but just looking at your finished projects above, I think I've missed some things! Beautiful Havana and cute two-in-one doll, and gnome. Yes, I need to catch up with you because you always inspire me one way or another.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.