Tuesday, April 27, 2021

W is for Wordscapes

  A to Z(ed) blogging Challenge - (my) Life in the TIme of CoVid-19 

W is for Wordscapes


In September of 2019 I was introduced to an app called Wordscapes.  It is a simple wordgame that I quickly became addicted to.  In the beginning I was annoyed by the ads that would pop up and interrupt my play, but then my son took my phone and purchase the app so I could play ad free.  A great bargain for $3.79!

On the weekends there is a tournament that you can join and if you score in the top ten you get a few extra coins (to help you buy hints), but mostly you earn points to get cool crowns for your avatar, and of course bragging rights.  

See?  Cool crown!


About six months ago I joined a team so I could enter team tournaments.  I found a team called Wales and decided to join even though I don't live in Wales, but I have always wanted to visit there.  It is a great group.  There are 50 of us on the team and many are not from Wales but we are all welcome.  There is a lot of chat, encouragement, silliness, and friendly banter.  Sometimes we come up with our own tournaments and split our team in two and compete with each other.  The picture of my logbook at the top of this post shows one challenge where we had to see how many animals/birds/insects we could find during the weekend.  I know it may be considered a waste of time by some  - but hey, Life in the Time of CoVid, we all do what we can to have some fun and social interaction. 

Have you fallen into any game/app rabbit holes since CoVid began?  Do share in the comments!

Leer, Reel, Mere, Eye....




4 comments:

  1. Spider Solitaire. And I am so bad at it, after a year I still only use two suits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hear you! I have found myself spending hours on various apps. None of which are taxing my brain too much - match 3d, pet rescue.. and so on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not since COVID, I was playing before. Wordscapes (right now the In Bloom one), Word Cookies, a lot of word games. Spider solitaire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes there are lots of rabbit holes in my phone lol

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.