Sunday, April 18, 2021

Yopping Update #42 - Next week - I promise

 


I finished my Pole Dance socks - such an interesting construction. 


First you knit all the grey from 1/2 the cuff down to the start of the toe.  Then you go back to the cuff and as you knit you pick up stitches on either side of the grey.  It was hard to gauge the length of the sock because the grey is wrapping around your foot, so for the toes I only had about 1/2 inch to go.  I made a star toe reducing by 5 stitches each round form 68 down to 8.  I love them.  They are very cozy and I have enough of the yarn left over to knit my husband a pair of easy/peasy vanilla socks with the blue stripes as the main colour and the grey for the heel, toe and cuff. 

I am almost finished my Practical Magic shawl. Tonight or tomorrow for sure it will be done. 


And then?

Then, I promise I will pick up my sweater of many colours before I cast on another pair of socks. (although I do have a sock pattern calling my name.......but I can't hear it over the yelling coming from the love seat where the neglected sweater is sitting).

A friend and her son dropped by yesterday with a gift:


This is the 2nd edition of a book written by two colleagues of mine and many of the patterns my children made during their years at the Waldorf school.  I hope one day to teach my grand-daughter to knit using these patterns.  It is also sweet in that many of the children featured holding their knitted creations are children I taught over the years. 

On other news, I got my first vaccine (Phizer) on Tuesday and was feeling pretty smug about how my arm wasn't very sore and I was feeling so good. 

Then this morning I woke up feeling crappy and stayed in bed until 4:30 this afternoon.  Headachy, achy muscles, slight fever and very sleepy.  I think I will be fine by tomorrow.  I take it as a good sign that my body is building a large army of antibodies.  

I have been walking - just not as much this week, and doing a wee bit of gardening.  I have planted some flowers for the bees, butterflies and hummingbirds and I am tending them like wee babies. 

This week our community held a Writers' Festival and I attended three zoom presentations and then last night five friends and I participated in a Trivia night.  We came 4th out of six teams.  It was a lot of fun and was very well organized for being their first ever zoom trivia event.  

My second amaryllis is about to bloom and it is a gorgeous deep red.  We have had spectacular weather this past week so I have been practically living on the back deck.  Finally we have turned off the furnace. 


I have been keeping up with my A to Z(ed) challenge so if you are interested I have posted and will continue to post every day in April.  

That's it.  That's my week. My husband is roasting a chicken for our supper (he just called me to come and get it)  and I will get to my knitting later tonight.  

Oh, I before I forget:

Precious


5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well today and hope you recovery quickly. I get my second Pfizer shot Tuesday so hoping I don't end up feeling sick. Those are definitely unusual socks!! Glad you are liking them. I can't wait to see the update on your sweater. It looks so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better today. Yes she is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling better today. Those socks are amazing - put them on and you can't fail to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those socks! Now the crazy shape from the other week makes sense, at the time I was thinking they were some sort of yoga sock. Your Practical Magic is looking very pretty...purple + speckles :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those socks are very interesting to be sure. You always seem to find the most interesting patterns for socks. I, for one, am happy to hear the sweater will be receiving love again. Sounds like you had a lovely week with lots of zoom interaction.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.