Sunday, April 11, 2021

Yopping Update #41 - a little of this, a lot of that

 


I turned the heel on this (well actually these as there are two of them)

crazy construction - stay tuned to how it all plays out

I spent a lot of time on that (which follows):

almost frogged but calmer heads prevailed

I had been working on this Practical Magic shawl pictured above, but I wasn't feeling the pattern or the yarn. I almost frogged it, but decided to start the second colour and then see what I thought.  I love it now and am so glad I didn't give up.  It is great TV knitting too.  I had to cut the speckled part a bit short because I was running out of yarn - but she says right in the pattern to delete (or add) rows as you wish.  

The sweater of many colours got no attention again this week.  It is sitting alone on the love seat and sending me telepathic vibes to pick her up again.  I will once the shawl is finished. 

This week has been interesting.  On Tuesday I got the news that my heart output is not improved and the doctor wants to add another medication to the one I am already taking.  He says that they have good results with mixing the medications to allow the heart to heal.  
Hmphf!  With all the walking I have been doing and all the hills and stairs I have been climbing I had hoped for better news.  I wept for an hour or so, swore loudly, put on my hikers and went on a 4 1/4 mile walk. 
Take that!

My mood has been steadily improving despite the crappy news, and.....drum roll please.....I get my first CoVid vaccine this coming Tuesday.  I am so happy. 

The cough is pretty much gone, but the doctor wants a follow up x-ray.  I am going to wait until two weeks after my vaccine before I go into the hospital.  No point letting my guard down at this stage of the game. 

Saturday I spent two hours in the garden making a fence out of cherry wood rounds we had piled in the front yard last summer.  It feels so good to get the yard cleaned up.  I also pruned back the holly and the Japonica, and I have three huge bins of compostable sticks and cedar leaves to be picked up by the district on Friday.  We are only allowed two bins, but my neighbour and I have an arrangement that if one of us isn't using both of their bins the other can.  

before

after

border at edge of grassy area

I didn't want to walk outside at the trails or beach on Saturday because it is very sunny and the crowds show up on the weekends.  Instead I set my Strava gps to record my 'walk' as I worked in the front yard.  This is the result:
pretty much sums up my life these days - lol

I will leave you with this lovely picture of my grand-daughter on Easter Sunday. 

She announced loudly when we talked that she LOVES CHOCOLATE

I have been posting everyday as I am participating in the A to Z(ed) blogging challenge.  You can read my theme post here, and feel free to check back every day through April.  Well, except Sundays, because Sunday is my Yopping update!  It feels good to be blogging everyday again. 



10 comments:

  1. Hurrah for getting the vaccine - not hurrah for cardiac output! You are surely doing all the right things and hopefully the new meds will work their magic. The afternoon in the garden looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well poop. I would think with all the exercising you do, your heart would be in tip top shape. I like your shawl and the colors you are using. So glad you now love it. The strava looks like yarn barf lol. Your grand daughter is getting so big! Glad to hear you are getting your first injection. Hopefully soon you will be able to hold your GD in your arms again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes as you deal with getting your heart to behave. I'm sure all the walking has been good even if it didn't solve the full problem. Your new border looks terrific. You have got to be in pretty good shape to move all the wood and create the border. Congrats on your cute knitting projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wood turners would give you good money for some seasoned cherry wood in that size, but they make an attractive border too. Wow you were really on the move doing gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you had a heart problem. Your doctor said it will help the heart heal? What happened? Did I miss something?I h ope it all resolves itself. I think you're smart to wait the 2 weeks.
    I love your shawl! I had to laugh at the "map" of your yard work! You did a lot and how nice it looks!
    Your granddaughter is precious and loving her chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You didn't miss anything - it was a brave step I took to post H is for Heart. Yes, supposedly they have good results healing the heart and making it pump normally with the meds I am on. We shall see. Hope springs eternal.

      Delete
  6. Before I read the background, when I saw that picture of orange lines, I thought I was looking at yarn - thinking it was maybe yarn left over after a project. lol That's a lot of walking! How cool to have a picture like that of it. Though it makes my back hurt a little imagining all that work you did moving the wood. Let it be noted that my back is just hurting already, so nevermindme. ;^) Lovely colors in your Practical Magic shawl. I look forward to seeing what other color changes happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the yard work! Sorry to hear of the ol' ticker acting up but trust your Dr. I used to buck up wood for fun and being in the printing industry for decades (paper is heavy) never thought I would have shoulder problems but, indeed they turned on me. Love the toddler photo but hope she is not allowed the hand-held electronics too much. I read a blog from a man in northern NY State who has Amish in the neighbourhood and is ever exclaiming how well adjusted the kids show themselves to be. No TV, phones or internet for them. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. look closely. She is holding her chocolate easter bunny, not an electronic device. Such love in her eyes!

      Delete
  8. Those socks DO have a crazy construction! I can't wait to see how they work up.

    I hope the doctors get you sorted out! I'm sure it must be so stressful. But, great job keeping and staying active! Hope your vaccine is a smooth experience and your symptoms are minimum and not too unpleasant.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.